top of page

Flood Insurance FAQs

FloodPrice's most frequently asked questions are listed below for your convenience. If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to call us at 866-503-5663.

  • How do I get a policy?
    ​Easy! Simply visit our quote page for a private flood insurance quote. Enter your address and foundation type to discover your new low rate. You can choose your coverage options and find a flood policy that meets your needs. If you like your rate, complete the remainder of the flood application, make your online payment, and a copy of your new flood policy will be emailed to you. ​ ​ This process usually takes less than 5 minutes. If you're looking for an NFIP policy quote, give us a call at 866-503-5663.
  • Can you bill my mortgage company?
    Yes. However, similar to the NFIP, the first year's premium must be paid at the time of policy creation. Upon renewal, we can bill your mortgage company so that subsequent premium payments are funded directly from your escrow.
  • What is the waiting period for the policy to be in effect?
    Both the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and the private insurance market have waiting periods in place. NFIP policyholders must wait 30 days for their policy to take effect, while private market waiting periods can be as short as 10 to 15 days, providing peace of mind in half the time.
  • I have a force placed flood insurance policy! How do I get rid of it?
    That's a great question! You'll need to show your lender proof of replacement coverage. Watch our video, or check out our blog post to learn more.
  • I am currently an NFIP customer and want a private flood policy. How do I cancel my NFIP policy?
    Contact us 60 days before the renewal of your policy, and we'll walk you through it! 866-503-5663
  • What is covered by a policy at
    The two basic elements of a flood insurance policy are the structure (the building itself), and the contents (the things inside of the building). We offer Private Flood and NFIP options. Call us if you want a comparison. *To see exactly what is covered by the NFIP, and what's not, Click Here! See Page 9. **Limited coverage may be available for a detached garage.
  • Do you offer earthquake insurance policies as well?
    Yes we do! We offer it in all states except for California and Kentucky. If you'd like to give us a call at 866-503-5663, we'd be happy to give you a quote. You can also email us at
  • If I have a rental property that does not have a mortgage, do I need flood insurance?
    The lender is the one that requires you to carry flood insurance if you are in a "mandatory" flood zone. If there is no mortgage, then there is no one that requires you to carry it. However, if you are in a flood zone (if you're unsure, you can use our tool here to find out) we would recommend you get flood insurance regardless. If your home were to flood, and you are not insured, you would be on the hook to pay for all repairs out of your own pocket. For more information:
  • How do I file a claim?
    Since we offer private flood insurance policies and policies through the NFIP, claim filing may be slightly different depending on your policy. The best thing to do is to give us a call at 866-503-5663.
  • I don't understand the FEMA flood zone map or if I'm required to get flood insurance?
    Use our FEMA flood zone lookup tool to figure out if you are in a flood zone. Certain zones require flood insurance, and others do not. We still recommend getting flood insurance, even if it's not required. We have a post here breaking down the different flood zones and what they mean.
  • Can independent agents write for this program or is it only available to the consumer directly?
    We often work on a referral basis for independent insurance agents. If you don't specialize in flood, we recommend letting us handle it for you! We only offer flood and earthquake, so you won’t have to worry about us quoting other lines of business you may offer. If you plan on making flood insurance a big part of your portfolio and want to earn commission, we recommend becoming a producer for this company:
  • What is considered a mandatory flood zone?
    Areas with the greatest risk of flooding have FEMA flood zone ratings that begin with A or V. Flood Insurance is typically required in these zones. However, if you're in a flood zone that begins with the letters B, C, X or D, it is still recommended that you get flood insurance. In flood Zone D, some federally backed lenders may require it. Nearly 1 in 5 flood insurance claims originate outside of high-risk areas! For more information, please visit Understanding the FEMA Flood Zone Map.
  • Am I in a Flood Zone?
    Enter your address into our flood zone map to determine if you're in a flood zone:
  • How do I get an Elevation Certificate?
    We do not require elevation certificates. If you’d like to get a private flood insurance quote, visit: If you're looking for an NFIP quote, give us a call. Is this required for a loan closing or another reason? If you still need an elevation certificate, please visit: If you’re unsure, you can speak to one of our flood experts at 866-506-5663.
bottom of page
Customer Reviews